Do you run events in any of the arts / creative sectors like film, fashion, music, performing and visual arts etc.? Do you want to broaden your skills in managing these contemporary cultural events?
The British Council through our Creative Cities programme is looking to support the growth of the cultural events scene in Abuja and Calabar. We plan to do this by supporting event managers in relevant sectors in the arts, creative and cultural sectors to develop their skills, capacity and networks. We will support the cohort with training, mentoring, access to local and international networks and other support to sustainable programme, market, build audiences and raise fund for arts / creative and cultural events in Abuja & Calabar and therefore grow arts and contemporary culture audiences in these cities.
The project will also offer support for various digital initiatives including an events management toolkit, cultural events calendars and online network for alumni.
The training will cover modules in event programming, audience development, marketing, fundraising, box office, contracting, basic technical expertise and health and safety.
Cultural programmers, event producers and managers working across the various contemporary arts, creative and culture sectors are invited to apply to be selected for the programme.
The key activities include:
- Needs Assessment of selected participants: August 2015
- Training: Between September and November 2015
- Mentoring: Jan – Mar 2016
- From April 2016: Further support for participants
We are looking for participants based in Abuja or Calabar who are:
- Current contemporary cultural events professionals with experience of running live events.
- Potential contemporary cultural events professionals with a demonstrable drive and exciting ideas for cultural activity in either of the cities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following:
- A 2-page CV showcasing your work and experience
- A one-page write-up about an event you are working on or aspire to deliver soon.
- A one-page personal statement that outlines your vision for the cultural events scene in either Abuja or Calabar
To: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 July 2015 by 9 am with ‘Creative Cities’ as the subject of your email.
Join the Conversation!