Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Friday in Calabar became the first Governor to sign into law, 9 bills including the Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Bill which brings to 23, the total number of bills signed so far in the life of the current administration.
The bills are:
- The Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Bill
- The Homeland Safety and Security bill
- Environment and Carbon Emissions bill
- Equal Opportunity and gender based discrimination bill
- Greater Calabar Development Agency bill
- The Cross River State University of Technology amendment bill which aims to reposition it to benefit from TETFUND
- Cross River State Revenue Administration amendment bill, 8. Harmonized levies bill and
- Road Infrastructure and development bill
Signing the bills into law, Governor Ayade lauded the efforts of the assembly and charged them to do more as “The reward for hard work is more work”.
See pictures courtesy of Government House Calabar press;