Surefoot International School, Calabar, a Leading British – Nigeria International Primary and Middle School situated in a serene and secure environment in Calabar, Cross River State is currently seeking professionals with experience for employment, starting in the 2016/2017 academic session in the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of School
- The head of school shall have direct supervision of the faculty and staff and shall coordinate the activities of the entire organization.
- The head of school shall hold regular meetings of the faculty and staff and see that the general policies of the board are understood and followed.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years working experience in the above capacity in a reputable international school with 10 years in the teaching profession.
- He/she must also possess a B.Sc.Ed / B.A./Ed or other higher degrees in a relevant teaching field.
- A Master’s degree in education will bean added advantage.
- Also he/she must have adequate knowledge of best international pedagogies.
Job Title: English Teacher
- The main responsibility of the English language teacher is to help the students understand English, speak it and be able to write and read it Duties will range from the preparation of coursework, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in, On top of this the teacher will also have to arrange any extracurricular activities and set targets for the pupils
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years working experience in the above capacity-in a reputable international school with 7 years in the teaching profession.
- He/she must also possess a B.Sc.Ed/ BA/Ed in English Language
Job Title: School Nurse
- The school nurse serves in a pivotal role to provide expertise and oversight for the provision of school health services and promotion of health education.
- Using clinical knowledge and judgment, the school nurse provides health care to students and staff, performs health services and coordinates referrals to the medical home or private healthcare provider.
- He/she must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Nursing or School Nursing, a current registered nursing license, three years clinic – nursing experience, and current certification/experience in CPR for a standard school
Job Title: Boarding House Master/Mistress
- The Boarding Master/Mistress’s key responsibility is the overall welfare of the boarding students; ensuring they are safe, secure, happy and respect other students, staff and the facilities.
- The Boarding Master/Mistress must ensure that all staff are allocated bedrooms spread around the boarding houses to ensure the effective supervision of all students, with particular attention to be given to individual students.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years working experience in the above capacity in a reputable international school.
- He/she must also possess a BSc./BA/Ed or other relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in Microsoft word format, with a covering letter addressed to ‘The Head, Selection Team’ via: firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and reference in the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 16th June, 2016.