In commemoration of the 2020 International Youth Day and in celebration of the 10th year anniversary of its flagship program: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship And Development (YLEAD), the iKapture Centre for Development has launched it’s 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award.
The 25 Under 25 award celebrates changemakers, entrepreneurs, volunteers and advocates under 25 years across Africa; as well as young African leaders who are championing change in their communities through the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“We have come a long way in our youth work and have churned out outstanding young leaders who have gone on to change the game in various sectors. We believe there are more people like them whose stories can help inspire and uplift the upcoming generation. Through this initiative, iKapture will recognise the exemplary work undertaken by young people across the continent. Our mission is to inspire impactful actions by young people in their communities and to lead the drive towards successful actualization of the UN Sustainable Development Goals in Africa.” – Grace Ihejiamaizu, Founder of iKapture Centre for Development explained.
The award launch coincides with the 2020 International Youth Day with the theme ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action,’ which seeks to highlight young people that are working to ensure sustainable development in their various communities, and provide ways for more young people to engage.
• To recognize young leaders who are actively engaging innovative ways in solving major problems in their communities.
• To spotlight the actions young leaders in Africa are taking at various levels to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
• To encourage young leaders within Africa to actively take steps towards transforming their communities.
• Award nominees must be aged 15 to 25 years;
• Must be a citizen of an African country;
• Must have been engaged in development work, business or engaged in a leadership role for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
• Must have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their work and its impact to one of the 17 SDGs;
• Must have demonstrated understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development, business and Leadership.
Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can testify of the impact of their work. 25 finalists will be shortlisted from a list of nominations based on 6 key categories which include:
¶ Poverty Eradication (SDG 1, 2)
¶ Education (SDG 4, 17)
¶Environment (SDG 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15)
¶ Health (SDG 3)
¶ Human Rights (SDG 5, 10, 17)
¶ Entrepreneurship/Innovation (SDG 8, 9, 12)
*Award Benefits: The finalists will;*
• Receive an e-award certificate
• Be featured on our social media pages, Blankpaperz online publication and Opportunity Desk.
• Participate in a Virtual Meet-up with select Change Makers across the globe
*How to Nominate;*
Visit this link to apply or nominate someone: https://bit.ly/ikapture25under25
Entries must be received online by 23:59 WAT on 25 August 2020
*About iKapture Networks*
iKapture Networks is a leading afterschool youth development organization that is committed to educating, engaging and equipping the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs!
iKapture Networks as an emerging social enterprise, seeks to provide solutions to the youth and educational challenges using innovative strategies and information and communication technology (ICT) in Nigeria. The organization works with secondary and post-secondary students as well as graduates and youths between the age of 15 and 25 years who require certain relevant skills to be outstanding in an increasingly competitive environment.
Using cutting edge technologies and adopting innovative strategies and approach, iKapture Networks provide high quality and intensive training, tutorials, engagement programs, internship and links to opportunities for development.