A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to spend a night at Fresh Spring Hotels and Towers, Uyo, courtesy of my friend, Justina Ovat and in return, write a review of my experience. When I got the name of the hotel, I quickly googled and found almost nothing about it, so I knew a review was in place.
Having had amazing five star experiences during my recent trip to South Africa, I wasn’t sure what level of hospitality to expect back home especially at a low budget hotel. So I was battling with anxiety, but this quickly disappeared immediately I was informed the Hotel was managed by Calabar Hospitality House, CHH.
Fresh Spring Hotels & Towers is located at No. 49 Akpaube Street opposite Ibom Hall, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
From the entrance, it’s quite clear that the hotel is for very quiet stay and small meetings. The brown gate has just a small signage beside it to indicate you are at a hotel.
First thing I loved about the hotel was the reception and the very courteous staff at the front desk. Within minutes I was shown to my room, a suite with a decent size, apparently the biggest room in the hotel.
The hotel offers 11 very spacious and stylish rooms, a conference facility for up to 35 guests with projector and PA system, the leisure facilities consists of a Restaurant and an outdoor bar.
* The hotels location enables easy access as it is relatively close to the heart of town and a walking distance to the highway
* The rooms are spacious, luxurious and homely at the same time.
* The service is excellent and the staff really try their best to get everything you would need
* Electricity almost didn’t blink throughout my stay
* The bathroom was neat and spotless
* Every part of the hotel was Clean and tidy
* The Food was well prepared and one portion was enough for two
* I love the unique and quietness of the hotel
* There is currently no gym, but there are plans for that next year (When the extension will be fully completed)
* WiFi wasn’t superb
* Television was boring as they had just 3 cable stations to watch
* The caution notes in the room for No smoking and Check Out Time were not friendlily written
Final Hotel Assessment:
For overall review, i’ll provide ratings based on the following criteria:
1 (Terrible) to 5 (Excellent)
My Overall Rating: 4
I loved the hospitality and would recommend the hotel for anyone coming to Uyo with a budget of approximately 12 – 25k per night.
Hopefully, I get to go on more of these trips and you will see more reviews.
Reviewed by Hope Obeten