A new technology startup located in Calabar, Cross River State is looking to recruit a dynamic and highly motivated Office Administrator to join its team and provide highly professional support for business operations.
This position is open only to candidates who live in Calabar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Touch-typing skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work activities
- Ability to perform basic searches and report on results
- Ability to read and apply rules and regulations
- Filing and recordkeeping
- Responsible for maintaining office filing and recordkeeping systems; enters, edits, and retrieves data; processes forms such as expenditure claims, employee time sheets, deposit forms, courier distribution logs, purchase requisitions and online supply orders; maintains databases, records, confidential files and other related information for office needs.
- Produces letters, memos, spreadsheets, and agendas from straight copy, rough draft, or oral instructions; completes forms, requisitions and other documents; proofreads assignments for accuracy and completeness.
- Answers and routes telephone calls; conveys information both orally and in writing; answers inquiries from visitors and clients; directs clients to appropriate resources; acts as office receptionist greeting and directing visitors; schedules and coordinates meetings for supervisor; provides materials, and initiates requests for information when required.
- Coordinates and prepares for meetings and special events by assisting with registrations, payments, and confirmation, arranging for refreshments and necessary equipment; duplicates, sorts and distributes various documents; prepares bulk mailings; maintains calendars; coordinates and confirms reservation schedules; sends, receives and distributes e-mails; sorts, distributes, and redirects mail; maintains inventory of office supplies and orders as necessary; operates standard office equipment.
- Maintains supplies and inventory. Determines inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Ensures that the office is clean, tidy and orderly at all times.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience working in a similar role will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team working skills
- Candidate must own a laptop
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above job requirements should apply by sending an applicationletter and up-to-date CV to email@example.com within 2 weeks of this publication. The subject of the e-mail should be Office Administrator.